Tom Jobim Rio Galeão airport
Last boarding calls
Answers to passengers frequently asked questions
- How to get to the center or the beach area by public transport?
- Where to wait for Uber or Cabify?
- Is it possible to get a SIM card at the airport?
- How to get from Galeão to Santos Dumont airport?
- How to get from Galeão airport to Búzios?
- Is it open 24 hours?
- Is it possible to collect the Emergency or Urgent passport in Galeão?
- What to do in case of loss of valuables or luggage?
- Is there a luggage storage service?
- How much does it cost to park in Galeão?
- Are there banking services in Galeão?
- Are there pharmacies?
Tom Jobim Airport, better known as Galeão (IATA: GIG), serves the Rio de Janeiro area with international and some domestic flights. 13.5 million passengers passed through Rio Galeão during 2019. It is located 20 km from downtown Rio de Janeiro. (See Map ).
The terminal has 24-hour cafes, restaurants and fast food, clothing stores, perfumery, regional products, Duty Free, bookstore, newsstand, telephone and banking services, free Wi-Fi access, convenience store, pharmacy, spa, lottery agency, children’s playground, workspaces, hotels and VIP lounges.
Public and Private Transportation
Taxis and Ride-share apps:
Taxis have an exclusive dock on the 0 floor of arrivals in Terminal 2. Ride sharing apps have their pick up areas between gates B and C and at the entrances of the administrative building and the Linx Hotel. See more
The rapids (BRT) called “ligerão” go to Barra de Tijuca and also connect to the Metro, the blue buses called “frescão” run to Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon and downtown, the regular urban buses go to different points within Rio de Janeiro city, and the regional ones (AutoViação) travel to Búzios and other towns in Rio de Janeiro state. See more
The counters are located in Terminal 2, Arrivals area.
Airlines operating in Rio Galeão and location of their check-in desks
Located in Terminal 2. American Airlines Floor 3. Gol international and domestic departures, Premium Plaza with three lounges (international departures, domestic departures and in the public area, Premium parking floor) and Star Alliance in International departures:
VIEW LOUNGES – BOOK ROOM
There are 5 parking areas: Garage (covered), Premium Floor, Economic 1 and 2 (uncovered) and Administrative.